Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The originalness of original

It's all been done before. It's all been said, heard, read, written...  The over-saturation of information on the internet these days is mind-numbing. It wouldn't be so bad if most of it wasn't completely useless. This blog is a great example. Why are you even wasting your time reading this? I'm writing it for my catharsis, that's my excuse.
Anyway, in my opinion the internet is really only good for 2 things: getting music, and news. I love the medium that brings us this stuff, but I hate the mostly idiotic, banal crap that comprises 90% of human thoughts found here. And now, here's a great article I have been thinking about a lot lately, courtesy of a Facebook friend (I actually get a significant amount of news this way, from non-mainstream media) http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/05/opinion/sunday/the-death-of-the-cyberflaneur.html?_r=1&pagewanted=1&ref=sunday-review)

No comments:

Post a Comment